324 people prosecuted for lying on their CV

18/09/14 - 12:10

According to CIFAS (the UK's fraud prevention service), 324 people were prosecuted last year for lying on their CVs and/or job applications. This should act as a stark warning to anyone looking to "boost their profile" before applying.

 

Interestingly, TipTopJobs recent survey of over 1,000 job seekers showed that 80% said they are "entirely truthful" about the facts on their CV. The other 20% admitted to "white lies" such as improving qualification results or changing job titles - something that we would more likely put in the "lie" than "white lie" category! Hopefully those 20% read this blog title and change their ways!

Blog Archive

Blog Archive

2015
2014

August