Really want that job?
Want to stand out against the other unknown applicants?
Well a good starting point is just to do some basic research. A recent study by Glassdoor showed some fairly startling facts about how little research many job applicants make before attending an interview:
* People spend six times longer researching a holiday than they do a prospective employer [which bearing in mind you only spend a few weeks on holiday and about 48 weeks at work seems crazy!]
* 55% don't look at the employer's website before attending an interview
* 78% didn't check to see if the company has made a profit
* 80% didn't check out reviews of the company by others online
* 35% said they didn't research a new company before accepting a job offer
* With this in mind, it's hardly surprising that 22% said they didn't have enough information about a new company to decide whether to accept a job or not.
It's easy - do some research and stand out from the crowd! If you want some help on how to do this, get in touch with us.