Over a third of job seekers will get a job in 2 months
The results of a very comprehensive study of over 6,000 UK candidates has just been released by the job board, totaljobs.com. The highlight seems to be the increase in confidence amongst job seekers. Hardly surprising if you've read our recent blog articles about the state of the job market!
- 38% of the respondents said they expect to get a job in two months - a five percent increase year-on-year.
- The good news is that a huge 47% are willing to relocate for the right role.
- The bad news is that the number of job seekers willing to apply to any role has gone done by 40% year-on-year from 35% to 21% - another sign that candidates are being more picky about the opportunities they apply to.
- 18% said that the dream job doesn't exist!
- What are job seekers looking for? Well, over a third want a job that will boost their careers, with 87% saying they focus their search on industries with long term career options.