23/05/14 - 11:36
The latest REC report on jobs states that employer confidence has reached a new high. Key stats / highlights from the report:
- 81% of employers surveyed intend to hire more permanent staff in the short or medium term
- 50% intend to increase the numbers of agency workers (contractors) in the first half of this year - they better hurry up!
- Nearly two thirds of respondents say that the increased use of agency workers has allowed the UK to have comparatively lower levels of unemployment against their European counterparts
- 76% of employers state the total number of permanent staff in their organisation will increase in the next three months. 81% think it will increase in the four to twelve month period
- Only 4% of respondents plan to reduce the number of temporary agency workers within the fourth to twelve month period. Only 7% plan to reduce their contract count in the short-term
- The two biggest factors for taking agency workers are now, "Peaks in demand" and "Providing short term access to key strategic skills"
For more information about this comprehensive market report, please contact us.