UK jobs rise at the fastest rate for 16 years
Even more good news has just been confirmed by the latest REC (Recruitment Employment Confederation) JobsOutlook survey of employers for August. The highlights:
- An increase in permanent and contract vacancies - the strongest growth since 1998
- An increase in permanent placements in August
- An increase in private AND public sector jobs
- Permanent salaries continued to rise "at an elevated rate"
- Strong increase in the rate of contractors pay, even faster than in July
- Contract revenue grew for the sixteenth consecutive month
Kevin Green (REC's CEO) commented, "It’s more great news for people looking for work this month, as we see more people being placed into jobs across all regions and sectors including construction, IT and engineering."