Cathcart Energy are recruiting for an experienced Wind Turbine Technician to work for a multi-national energy company servicing large wind turbines in the Dumfries and Galloway area.
You will be expected to deliver scheduled and unscheduled maintenance services to Gamesa G80/ G87 series turbine projects in accordance with manufacturer's guidelines. Experience with these models or their Vestas equivilent are essential requirements for this position and a knowledge of other wind technologies will be a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge of Ingeteam DFM/ DTC Converters
- Qualification in electrical and/or mechanical disciplines to NVQ3 level (or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience)
- Previous accreditation as AT/AE under WTSR
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of products
- Knowledge of plant networks and control systems
- Ability to work nights and weekends required
- Able to work safely at heights
- Ability to climb 80 meter steel towers on a daily basis to perform maintenance in the nacelle and hub.
- Ability to frequently lift items weighing 1 to 60 pounds and occasionally lift items from 61 to 100 pounds.
- Advanced computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, email, facility control, management and reporting systems, including the use of computerized diagnostic and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possession of comprehensive writing skills to meet contractual reporting obligations.
- Willing to work overtime on holidays, weekends, and on short notice. Participates in an on-call schedule.
- Ability to work in extremely adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to safely work around low and medium voltage.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Weight must not exceed 275 lbs. excluding equipment/gear worn when performing job related tasks.
The employer offers a very competitive salary, with the opportunity for additional earnings through overtime, and a company vehicle.
The working hours are Monday - Friday with one in three weekends on call.
To apply contact Hamza Jabir or email your CV and brief covering letter to email@example.com