Two Solar Panel Engineers needed for Service and Maintenance role on our clients Solar Farms in East Anglia and Bournemouth.
The role will involve electrical maintenance and fault-finding on Solar Panel systems up to 5MW and will require you to live near the site and hold a full driving licence.
The ideal candidate will have previous Solar Technician experience, however those with a strong electrical background in a relatable sector will also be considered.
Due to the nature of the role, candidates must have demonstrable experience of working remotely and working with sub-contractors.
The responsibilities of the Solar Project Technician include:
- Adherence to health and safety requirements at all times and helping to maintain and improve safety standards across the solar plants
- Achieve and maintain Authorised Person status commensurate with training received, experience gained and in-line with individual job role requirements
- Identify upgrades and repairs required on Solar Farms. Help produce detailed scope and pricing and submit these to the Project Manager.
- Ensure all project work is undertaken or procured from subcontractors in accordance with RES processes and procedures.
- Undertake project work according to legal, technical, manufacturer and contractual requirements
- Manage sub-contractors and ensure their safe working and undertake quality checks on their work.
- Carry out reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and resolution in a timely manner
- Inspection, testing and maintenance of the solar plant.
- Keeping clear and accurate records and reports
- Keeping in close communication with the Project Manager
- Occasionally working away from home for training courses or project work for up to 1 week at a time
- Other duties commensurate with the role
For more information please contact Hamza Jabir at Cathcart Energy.